Erratic acceleration

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
Kernow28

Post by Kernow28 »

i have been having problems with my qashqai recently with flat spots during acceleration in 1st,2nd and 3rd gear. It now has got worse, when you go to accurate the car will hesitate and then the power kicks in. If you gently accelerate the car will sort of like cough and feel as if it's holding back.

When cruising it's fine, all power available as your above 2000rpm.

Any advice, as it's driving me nuts.

I did think about getting it remapped to see if this helped but concerned it could be severe.

Eddzilla

Post by Eddzilla »

What model and engine?
Kernow28

Post by Kernow28 »

It's a 2010 1.5Dci 110bhp
deribasas

Post by deribasas »

Currently strasted to have an exact same problem with my wifes qashqai...1.5 dci...
Zach Nicodemous

Post by Zach Nicodemous »

I have found that the accelaration on my new 1.6 Diesel is slower until about 1800-2000rpm and then it really kicks in - I assumed this was just the turbo kicking in. If I am wrong then I'd like to know.
pritch30

Post by pritch30 »

Does the car struggle at 60mph?
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Zach, that's what mine does too. Just requires a very light foot to make the transaction smooth. I have the ECO mode on as well which tames the acceleration a bit.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
sarahmic

Post by sarahmic »

[quote="Hound"]
Zach, that's what mine does too. Just requires a very light foot to make the transaction smooth. I have the ECO mode on as well which tames the acceleration a bit.[/QUOTE]
ECO mode? I have a 2012 1.5dci Tekna and I can't see any ECO mode or maybe I don't know about it ??
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Mine's a 2015 (J11), Sarah, so maybe it wasn't an option on the earlier QQ? Mine has a button to turn it on and off, and "ECO" on the dash display when it's on. Apparently it tames the acceleration response a little in order to improve fuel economy.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
gabriella.swerling

Post by gabriella.swerling »

Hi everyone.

I'm a reporter for The Times and I'm researching a story about "uncommanded acceleration" of Nissan cars, particularly the Nissan Qashqai automatic model.

I'm looking to speak to people who have had similar experiences in order to build up a picture of exactly what is going on as I've been in contact with a few people who appear to have had the same issue.

Please do get in touch if you feel that this applies to you too as I believe it would help find out what is going wrong.

Kind regards,

Gabriella Swerling
gabriella.swerling@thetimes.co.uk