Slip indicator warning light

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
status QQai

Post by status QQai »

Hi, I'm new to this so hear goes...
I have owned a Qashqai now for 3 years, it's been a really great car. But over the last few months the SLIP indicator warning light & the OFF light next to it started coming on and staying on whilst the car is running, but if you stop and turn the ignition off and on again it goes off until you drive off then it comes back on again.
I taken it to a Nissan dealer and they put the car through a diagnostic test, which came back with 2 faults, (1. Worn front pads and discs, 2. Exhaust pressure pipe). I have taken the car to my local garage and they replaced the pads & discs, when I asked them about the exhaust pressure pipe, they were totally confused as to what the dealer was talking about.
I thought by replacing the defective pads & discs it would cure the warning light problem, but NO!!!
Can anybody please help, if they have had this problem and if it is to do with the exhaust what exactly is the exhaust pressure pipe.

Yours Hopefully,
Status QQai...

Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Hello,I have moved you post to the J10 section. What engine do you have in your car? This can make a difference in terms of diagnostics. I find it odd that the ECU has logged a fault for discs and pads, I've never seen this before that along with exhaust pressure pipe suggests you have been led up a garden path by a dealer who was either trying to get more work from you, or simply do not know what they were doing.
status QQai

Post by status QQai »

Hi, really sorry that I have not replied to your post. I had given up a little as no one really had any help. I have to agree with your statement that my friend who owns a local garage had no idea what the dealership was talking about with the pressure pipe and I think they just wanted money from me, just so they could reset or update the software onboard.
I have a 1.5 diesel ntec+

I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Phil....
status QQai

Post by status QQai »

I have a 61 plate 1.5 diesel qashqai, that has the slip warning lights coming on every time I drive it. When I took it to the dealer, they diagnosed it as a exhaust pressure pipe problem. My local garage has never heard of this, has anybody else had this problem. Honestly i think the dealer is trying to pull a fast one

kind regards..
uptown47

Post by uptown47 »

Hi
I know this is an old thread but I just wondered if you ever got to the bottom of this?

My car is exactly the same type and I also have the same lights on the dash.

I've got brand new discs/pads on so I know that's not the issue.

Did you get it resolved?

Thanks for any help you can give me :-)