How to remove tree resin?

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
QQ1.6

Post by QQ1.6 »

I use Valma resin remover to remove resin from the car.However this leads to color differences on the paint! Any ideas how to safely remove resin?

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

QQ1.6, we have had 3 Black Nissan's and have learnt our lesson never park under trees that have sap dropping from them. We always try to park away from trees and walk.
What I have always used is the good old fashioned Lighter Fuel, which I soak the sap with, let it soak over time, re-apply and then use a finger nail (you need to be sensitive to prevent scratches) and then a micro fibre cloth and then give the area a good polish. I have also used which I bought recently out here from Lidl a product from POWERFIX for removing etiketten and sticky labels which are stuck on products, this can also be used to remove Tar, Sap etc....

Here are some other ideas for you - Best Of Luck Dave :

http://m.wikihow.com/Remove-Tree-Sap-From-Your-Car
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
duncho

Post by duncho »

Thanks Dave for useful link!
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

WD40, remove with a finger nail after softening. Wash off and re wax.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

gvmdaddy, if you take a look at the website on the second option No. 2 you will find the WD40 procedure - Dave ?Y?‰
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Just posted without even looking at the link. No matter, I can confirm this method works brilliantly. In my younger days I paid loads for proprietary stuff, like most people do, but there really is no need. Most people keep WD40 in their toolbox and it can be used in loads of other applications and doesn't cost over the odds.ive heard it said before that it will damage the paintwork.....it wont! It will however strip your wax/polish so you do need to wash and reapply paint protection. (Ill try to read links before posting)
DarronUK

Post by DarronUK »

years ago, I had a car in which there was trees at the end of the road but there was sand, flew over from saudi arabia and put tree resin and sand resin all over the car and took a week to get it nearly cleaned. Used T-cut which took the paint of. If it is a red car I feel sorry. Becareful when cleaning.
2015 QQ 1.6 dig-t 163 Tekna, Panoramic Sunroof, Gun Metal, delivered 2 September 2015
fat controller

Post by fat controller »

Another vote for WD40 - no tool box should be without it. I have also found that Bilt Hamber's stuff is particularly good, and their Auto Clay is very good at getting crud out of the paint.
1.5dci Acenta Premium
Wishlist: Autofold Mirrors, Chrome body trim and Metal sill protectors;

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D