KN filter

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
dpf filter

Post by dpf filter »

Hi everyone
I have question, would it be recommended to change my normal air filter to a K&N filter? I have read somewhere it will be better for my fuel consumption. I am an owner of a Qashqai + 2 1.5dci 2010 model. Look forward to hear from you guys and gals. [:)"]]

Odysjet

Post by Odysjet »

Hi,
Tested on my QQ 1.6 and it works plus the car accelarates faster.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Not likely to make much difference. So slight, the 0-60 time difference would be missed by the blink of an eye. Actually possible to do more harm than good. Filters are there for a reason, to restrict airflow to its optimum and to keep particulates out of the combustion chambers. Aftermarket filters have larger pores in material, letting too much air through and also allowing particulates through. I suppose thats fine if you've got a race tuned engine and are wealthy enough and are prepared to regularly strip your engine down to replace worn parts etc. QQs are not for racing, they are tuned for economy and tge OEM filter on the car as standard was designed to match the engine characteristics and performance accordingly.
BWA

Post by BWA »

I agree with gvmdaddy, also bear in mind it will almost certainly invalidate your warranty
65 plate Tekna 1.5 DCI with panoramic roof, magnetic red, space saver spare wheel kit