Bonnet strut for J10 ebay

Buy and Sell your QQ stuff here!
kinelfire

Post by kinelfire »

Following from the J11 thread there is a kit on ebay for the J10http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Strut-Gas-Lift ... 731594Seem a bit cheap to me but I'm not after any so dont know what the going rate is.
kinelfire2015-04-29 22:46:14
Cafe Latte 2010 1.5 n-tec. then 2013 Black 1.5 360+2

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

kinelfire, you get what you pay for normally. I tried to motivate a German Co. that manufacturers these Strut Kits for the QQ 2008 > 2013 to produce a Kit for the Juke (I failed so bought one from Japan) and then spoke often to the Boss for a Kit for the J11 (again failed so ended up with the Russian one).
This J10 Kit from www.ath-hinsberger.de looks the Bees Knees but costs a‚¬119 - Dave ?Y?‰
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Sorry, it is in German only so you will have to Hit "Nissan" and then "Qashqai" if you are interested in the pics - Dave ?Y??
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

I know this may sound daft.... but has anybody looked at the J10 kit in a little more detail? As in, could it be the same as the J11?
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Steve, been there ! You might well be able to install this Kit with a lot of Engineering Expertise but I believe most members want a "Bolt On" Kit. If you look at the pics you will see that there are many brackets with lots of fixing holes which in my mind means drilling holes, tapping etc.
When I enquired this Kit would not fit the J11, IMHO it is better to stick with the Option that Ian is spending his time obtaining for the Forum. What I fitted could be a 5 minute job and cost difference between the two is enormous - Dave
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

aah, that's fair enough.
BatterBits

Post by BatterBits »

If there is sufficient interest, I will import a shipment of the Russian kit - they will be around the same price as the J11 kits, provided I can buy a similar sort of quantity.
Regards,

Ian
--
1.5dCi Tekna in Ink blue fitted with Easy-Lift bonnet gas strut kit
kinelfire

Post by kinelfire »

[quote="DaveBerlin"]kinelfire, you get what you pay for normally. I tried to motivate a German Co. that manufacturers these Strut Kits for the QQ 2008 > 2013 to produce a Kit for the Juke (I failed so bought one from Japan) and then spoke often to the Boss for a Kit for the J11 (again failed so ended up with the Russian one).This J10 Kit from www.ath-hinsberger.de looks the Bees Knees but costs a‚¬119 - Dave ?Y?‰[/QUOTE]Exactly that what I was meaning when I said it samed cheap - I dont think I'd go for it if I wanted one but thought I'd share it. If the "custom brackets" are OK it would be cheap enough to get decent struts from a different source
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

kinelfire, when you compare the price of the Forum Group Buy it is very similiar. As you know I have a Russian Kit installed and after doing the rounds of checking the prices with a UK Supplier the cost is in fact not that high. The Components are basically : 2 Hyd. Struts / 2 Brackets / 2 Ball Sockets / 4 Strut Adaptors & Washers, when you compare these parts to what was on the German Web there is a hell of a difference in quantity.
In you are interested and have not ordered a set from the Forum I would recommend to "Go for it" it is a worthwhile addition for that price and a 5 min Job. - Regards Dave
kinelfire

Post by kinelfire »

As I said I dont want one, had the car 2yrs & will be getting rid in another year so not worth it now. I just came across the J10 kit & posted in case anybody was intrested as I knew there was a thread for J11 kit. If I get another QQ I'll definately get 1 but thats unlikely due to the small boot, X Trail (more space than I need) or Merc GLA (50 litres more than QQ) are top of list at moment. Dont know if the X Trail has struts but cant see the QQ kit being much different so maybe handy if I go for the X Trail