GROUP BUY: QQ J11 (>2014) bonnet/hood strut kit

Buy and Sell your QQ stuff here!
land3r

Post by land3r »

Me too please??
1.5Dci SVE,Pearlescent Black,Crossover Pack,Premium Pack,Chrome Front Lip Finisher,Chrome Sideview Mirror Trim,Mud Flaps,Wireless DoorSills,Wind Deflectors,Chrome Door Handle Covers,Illumin.Sidebars.

Jhare

Post by Jhare »

Add me to the list too, please.
2014 Tekna 1.2 DIG-T in Magnetic Red
Jono 631

Post by Jono 631 »

Count me in bonnet strut
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

SplanK it may be worth trying to see if a bulk buy would interest this company to manufacture a struthttp://www.sgs-engineering.com/car-boot-tailga ... an/qashqai
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Those are the guys Dave put me in contact with, however we have hit a snag and stalled as none of their of ball mounts are suitable for the job without risk of causing damage to the existing bonnet hinge or stud. We either need a single bolt hole mount like in the original Russian kit, or a mount which has 2x bolt holes 75mm apart. The max that SGS-E go up to is 55mm
SplanK2015-03-18 15:01:37
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Splank, Sorry but words now fail me !. I would have thought that if there was genuine interest on a Bulk Buy from the Forum as we first suggested then sgs engineering would support and follow this up

What I do not want to do is disassemble what I have done because to pop off these Plastic Ball Sockets usually the Spring Clips get deformed and then do not hold again and mine functions at present.
So I have knocked up a Sketch and added some dimensions as Best I can, so give me until tomorrow just to try and double check things in the assembled position - not easy !
If you use what I supply then you most likely need to make, assemble, modify whatever to get this correct. If you can live with this until tomorrow - Fine !
Naturally I want to see this little Project to be a Goer for the members - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

his was the reply I got from SGS:

Matt Hannibal (SGS Engineering
UK Ltd)

Mar 18, 17:19

Hi Jon.

Thank you for your enquiry.

Do you have an original part number from the strut?

If I can be of further service please don't hesitate to contact
me further

Kind regards,

Matt Hannibal
Sales Advisor
Tel: +44 (0)1332 576 850
Mon-Fri: 8am-5pm

Web:
www.sgs-engineering.com
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Jon, this was exactly the reason that it was agreed that one person would Handle this Group Buy. This Name is now the forth one I know off. I forwarded all my information, Details, photos etc directly to sgs and Splank and the last sgs person I contacted is I believe the person Handling the Forum enquiry, as it was difficult for me to keep on the ball here in Berlin - I hope this comment helps understanding the Situation at present and I am sure Splank will explain the current situation if required - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Jon, we have been in contact with a "Sam" at SGS and have had a number of emails between us all to try and put together a kit that's going to work. The strut is only part of the kit, we need mounting brackets for the bonnet (the problem) and the wing mount (sourced). We also need to make sure its sensible and fit for purpose - the bracket that was suggested required 2 fixing locations, but the furthest apart was 55mm when we need 75mm. Holding it on by 1 bolt in the configuration could cause damage to something! Last thing I want! I (and Dave!) will keep plodding on, clearly Sam's last reply suggested to me that the current numbers are not enough for them to be interested in making a bespoke bracket. HOWEVER good news is that the prices were fairly favourable (around £35-40 each + delivery to individuals addresses). If the Russian kit had a single mount bracket for the bonnet, then with a bit more digging I am sure we can find the source.
Monkeywba

Post by Monkeywba »

Count me in!