GROUP BUY: QQ J11 (>2014) bonnet/hood strut kit

Buy and Sell your QQ stuff here!
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Great conclusion to QQOC's first group buy, even if it was a bit way ward at the start! I would love that last kit, but as per PM, moving house and punching a little over our weight in terms of house price has left us a little skint to say the least! Maybe next time! Shame the kit ordered could not for-fill all the interest the orders but first come first serve and nearly everybody got a kit who wanted one! Always difficult especially when importing kit from another country, you want to make sure that you end up with none left! As for the other forum, I think nearly all of those on the other forum who have J11's are members of this forum anyway so I don't think there would be much more interest to be fair.

Deleted User 1450

Post by Deleted User 1450 »

[quote="BatterBits"]Well here we are.I believe everyone who has requested one, is now in possession of their kit - with the exception of PeterL - yours is on its way - apologies once again for an administrative cock-up.It's been interesting, insofar as the number of people who wanted one is far greater than the numbers of people who ended up actually having one. And it's been fun - pulling my long suffering wife's leg that I am now an international businessman and importer!If anyone else does want a kit - I have just one left - if it has to go on ebay - the price will be going up!. Doesn't look like I will be placing another order after all - at least not in the short term - as new members arrive on the board, perhaps there will be some further interest in the future. I have tried four times on the "other" board, to attract the attention of the Admin - but for some reason, he has decided he doesn't want to talk to me - I have no idea what I might have done to upset him.Finally, thanks to everyone who has bought a kit - I hope that you are all as delighted as I am with it - I know some of you have already expressed your delight and gratitude - I'm not looking for more compliments, honestly!
[/QUOTE]Will send you a message shortly
BatterBits

Post by BatterBits »

[quote="SplanK"] Shame the kit ordered could not for-fill all the interest the orders[/QUOTE]
No - it was the other way round - more kits than hard cash - burt never mind, I half expected that and bought accordingly.I've had a couple of enquiries this morning for the last kit, so I'm certainly not going to end up with a load of them!
Regards,

Ian
--
1.5dCi Tekna in Ink blue fitted with Easy-Lift bonnet gas strut kit
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

IanPleased to say that the kit arrived today and all seems to be as expected - many thanks and pleased to see that you weren't left holding stock. That would have been a real shame but it does emphasis the dangers of such a group-buy. Much the wiser no doubt?
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
BatterBits

Post by BatterBits »

I'm delighted to say I despatched the last kit today - I guess my cynical mind worked well on this occasion - I took the number on the list, halved it, added the subsequent interest shown, took away a pinch of life experience, divided by Granny's age, and ordered just exactly the right amount!Next time, if there is such a thing, I shall perhaps order some extras to see whether they fly on that well known auction site.
Regards,

Ian
--
1.5dCi Tekna in Ink blue fitted with Easy-Lift bonnet gas strut kit
red baron

Post by red baron »

Mine arrived on Tuesday 9th. Many thanks. Propose to fit when my issue with the bonnet shut line is registered.
Deleted User 1450

Post by Deleted User 1450 »

[quote="BatterBits"] I'm delighted to say I despatched the last kit today - I guess my cynical mind worked well on this occasion - I took the number on the list, halved it, added the subsequent interest shown, took away a pinch of life experience, divided by Granny's age, and ordered just exactly the right amount!

Next time, if there is such a thing, I shall perhaps order some extras to see whether they fly on that well known auction site.
[/QUOTE]

Top guesstimating . Looking forward to receiving mine
ebe163

Post by ebe163 »

Have received the kit during the week and will be installing this weekend, assuming the rain stops,Thanks Ian
2015 1.6 DIG-T 163 QQ Tekna Pearl White /Premium Pack Chrome /Style Pack Chrome/Cross Over Pack Front & Rear in Pearlescent White/Mirrors Chromed/Bonnet Struts/Wind Deflector Set/Illuminated Side Styling Bars
iceman GR

Post by iceman GR »

One of the last few if not the last one to receive and install the kit.Even though I do not have the sophisticated tool seen in the video I used some ordinary wrenches that I use for the family's bicycles and finished the installation in 10 minutes. The small delay was due to the fact that for an absolutely stupid reason I installed the right strut upside down and had to remove the kit completely from that side to remove the strut.However my biggest problem came after the installation since I ended up with the bonnet remaining half open from that right side. In the beginning I thought that I had managed to damage the strut but it was the alarm's speaker that hindered the full closure of the bonnet since it created an obstacle for the strut!!Hoping I have not managed to create any more damage to the bonnet or the strut in the couple of attempts I made to see what was going wrong, I removed the speaker temporarilly from its initial position and tomorrow I will visit my dealer to help me find another place for it to be installed. (put it behind the foamy particle).All in all and despite my few problems the kit was an absolute worth of money and a piece of cake to be installed. Many thanks to Ian!!!!!!
Qashqai 1,5, Acenta Premium, Black, Chrome Premium Pack, Side Chrome, Roof Rails (11/2014) SOLD 1/2017
ebe163

Post by ebe163 »

Installed the kit today, absolutely no issues, all done in
less than 10 mins, including a quick clean.
Thanks Ian for all your efforts, much appreciatedIan

Normal

false
false
false

EN-GB
X-NONE
X-NONE

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin:0cm;
mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;
mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;
mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}

2015 1.6 DIG-T 163 QQ Tekna Pearl White /Premium Pack Chrome /Style Pack Chrome/Cross Over Pack Front & Rear in Pearlescent White/Mirrors Chromed/Bonnet Struts/Wind Deflector Set/Illuminated Side Styling Bars